Hi lovely fun people! The beloved Liebster Award is making the rounds again, and the lovely Vougishstorm, Zefiewings, & misterwolf86 have nominated me! Considering my blog has been very quiet, I really appreciate the kind show of support. The Zales mean a lot to me, and I will not let the blog die. This is probably just the swift kick in the plumbob that I needed to get going again.
There rules state that I have to;
–Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
Thank you Vougish, Zefie, and misterwolf! ❤
Here’s Vougish’s questions:
- What is love? Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me… no more.
- What thing from the sims world (any game) would you like to be real? Affordable home ownership/building.
- Who was the first Sim you ever created? Hard to say, I know I didn’t make a real person. I always start out trying to make a beautiful woman. Is that weird?
- What is your favorite flavor of chips? I think I just like plain tortilla chips best. I love salsa.
- What was the reason you decided to write a blog about what goes on in your game? I’ve loved The Sims since the original, but I always found myself playing the same way, having an idea, getting bored with it, then starting a new family. I googled “ways to play The Sims” and found Pink’s Blog and became inspired. After that I found boolprop and have been so encouraged and learned so much about challenges, and what people can do with their game. It’s very cool.
- Would you rather face an ice age or all volcanos on the planet erupting at once? I think all the volcanoes erupting at once would cause an ice age, would they not? Blocking out the sun and somewhat? If we had a little preparation, I could handle an ice age.
- How many slices of pizzas can you eat in one sitting? And embarrassingly large amount. 🙂
- If you found a genie’s lamp and had three wishes, what would they be? I only need one wish. “Every time I say ‘I wish’ it would come true”. So I couldn’t even screw anything up. I could wish for something, it went badly, then I could just go “I wish I hadn’t done that…” It’s my foolproof plan. And I think it is a bit of a loophole to the often said “no wishing for more wishes” rule.
- If it was only one wish and it had to be about changing something about your feet, what would it be? The timing on this is perfect, since I just tore my fascia ligament. I would wish that I didn’t tear my fascia ligament!
- Would you describe yourself as a potato? Sure, I’m round, versatile, and have eyes.
- Who is your favorite Pokémon? If you don’t like Pokémon, why don’t you? I don’t know anything about Pokémon… so like, I don’t dislike it, I just don’t participate in Pokémon culture. I also am pretty sure I’d like it, and quite frankly, I have enough draws on my spare time.
Here are mrwolf’s questions:
1: Which book or book series has had a profound effect on your life? I know I’m not alone with this, but Harry Potter, I am constantly reading/re-reading them. I love the impact the series has had on the world – let alone myself.
2: Who is the funniest person on the planet? My best friend, Whitney.
3: What is your favourite Symphonic Metal album? Or, if for some reason you don’t have one, your favourite album in another genre? I’m weird. I don’t do music. That doesn’t mean I don’t like it, but I do it differently than most people.
4: What is one of your favourite video games? The Sims! Okay, I also play Mass Effect and Tomb Raider. What video game is simply the worst? Not sure it counts, but Candy Crush.
*For diversity’s sake, you can’t pick any of The Sims games or spin-offs.
5: Windows or Mac? Laptop or Desktop? PC or Console (then which one?) I’m a Windows Desktop gamer, but we have a Mac Laptop. Both… I also play on the Wii U, and I’m going to get a Switch soon. I had an Xbox 360, but wasn’t playing it.
6: Which TV series(es) are you watching now and would you recommend it/them? I’m an absolute Trekkie. I’m currently watching both Deep Space 9 and Voyager after just finishing The Next Generation for the 5th time. And yes. Yes I recommend absolutely all of them.
7: Your friend has just ingested some oak-matured mead and falls on the ground in spasms, foaming at the mouth. It appears to be a fast-acting poison. What do you do? Bezoar in the mouth! While a useless professor stands there and watches.
8: Live forever or live a short life full of happiness? I do not want to live forever. It would be lonely. I don’t want a short life either, as mine is very full of happiness.
9: You are walking to the grocery store when you notice a little old lady sitting in the backseat of a parked car. It’s not warm out and the windows are closed. Do you do something? You say it’s not warm out… perhaps she is just waiting for someone? I would not do anything.
10: What is the least important topic of discussion? And the most? Oh, I don’t know. Just because something is unimportant to me, doesn’t mean I should trivialize it for other people. And I guess it goes the same way for the other part of the question… Just because I find something important, doesn’t mean it is the most important.
11: What’s one thing you want to let your readers know? That I care about them… Their happiness and well-being matters to me. A lot of us are quiet, introverted people… and if one of them needed help, needed someone to listen to them, they could reach out to me.
And last but not least, Zefie’s questions:
- Besides sims, what is your favorite video game/games? I play a lot of casual games. I like the Time Management genre and play the very well thought out and developed Delicious and Heart’s Medicine games. I also play Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Tomb Raider
- What made you pick your username? I think it’s just my name, isn’t it? A name I use frequently out in the web is “LoveHerds” It’s a play on “love hurts” and a reference to my dogs. They’re herding dogs… you know, like sheep and goats and stuff.
- What made you pick your challenge or legacy style? I’m a fool. Ha ha ha… I wanted to go big, and tackle 26 Generations. I actually prefer the ISBI style, I think it’s easier really – only one Sim to worry about. The successes and failures of the others are totally not your fault.
- How did you make/pick your founder? I clicked the randomizer until someone kind of interesting popped up. I liked him.
- What movie have you seen recently that you were really impressed by? Hacksaw Ridge. It’s violent and gory, and definitely a little traumatic, but I loved it.
- Where do you fall on the nerd/geek spectrum? Or not at all? Why? I’m a Trekkie, so that definitely pushes me into the spectrum… but I think if you just met me in passing, you wouldn’t know. 🙂
- Coke or Pepsi? Coke.
- What’s your favorite pokemon? I don’t Pokémon. I think they’re pretty cute though.
- What is your favorite magic style? I love Harry Potter, but there was a series I read as a young adult that I loved… The Song of the Lioness, and it had a very beautiful approach to magic.
- Do you watch any Youtubers or Twitchers? Who? I follow my sister’s daughter. No one else.
- If you belong to a Fandom, what’s one thing that you feel like everyone else in it loves but you do not? I’m definitely in the Harry Potter fandom, and I feel like Draco Malfoy gets too much love. He is NOT a decent human being. A victim of circumstance, raised in a hateful home, but not some misunderstood teen. But, I know I’m in the minority there. Oh, and as for The Sims? I think all TS2 Sims look alike. So there.
Now for some nominations! I know lots of you have already been nominated, so I’m going to pick a few who I don’t THINK have been nominated. They also may have been a little quiet, but that doesn’t mean they’re not worth a read! Besides, I’ve been quiet! 🙂
Okay, you three – have some Questions!
- What’s the last thing you put in your mouth?
- Can you build a campfire?
- Do you have a marketable skill? Like knitting, or dog training, or carving wooden hummingbirds? Tell me about it!
- Do you have a green thumb?
- Spiders… run screaming, smash ’em, or let ’em live?
- What’s the last book you read?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- Do you have any pets?
- Is there anything you collect?
- Do you download and play with Mods or CC?
- If you could travel to one place, where would it be?
Well there you have it, fine folks. Thank you again, for the nominations. I’ll have to get a post up, one of these days. 🙂