Wow! Thanks Sam! Dear somebodysangel has nominated me for the Liebster Award! Sam is the author of the competed Maloney WYDC, the in progess Epic Rourke Legacy, and the recently started Young Forever BISBI. Sam, I’m very touched by your nomination and your sweet message.
The award is to help bloggers with under 3,000 followers to, well, get some new ones (hopefully). Really great idea to help us spread the word about awesome blogs we’ve found.
The Official Rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Nominees Are…
Sammy-Sama – Author of The Bagrov Legacy and the Miller-Yang Legacy. Sammy is one of the first people to start reading my blog, and she has brought me nothing but wonderful kindness, support and friendship. Her two blogs, the Bagrovs and the Miller-Yangs are funny, entertaining and a delight to read. Her struggled with TS3 would have lead many users to quit, but Sammy fights on, and brings some fun and original takes on The Sims.
Velle (dashingsyndrome) – Author of the Landgraabacy – if you want to laugh, oh so very hard, and just every so often feel a couple feels, this is the blog for you. I learn so much about TS4 when I read her blog! And I can never get through a post without A. Wanting to play RIGHT NOW, and B. Laughing so hard!
Sam (gryffindork7) – Author of the Dysfunkshinul Legacy – Sam, if you’ve already been nominated, I apologize! Fun, chaos, and no fat chicks adorn the Dysfunctional Legacy. Founded somewhere in the space of when trailer met trash, spawns some of the most hilarious SimAntics around.
Plumbawesim – Author of It’s a Small World After All – a Cultural Legacy Challenge. I love this blog. The amount of work that goes into it is not lost on me! I just take snap shots and capture them, but Plumbawesim has created an entire paracosm filled with nuance, detail – and just enough SIMS that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. A take on Zefie’s Culture challenge, it’s so fun to see how the family moves from generation to generation, culture to culture.
Jenn – Author of so many challenges and blogs that I cannot keep up! I follow her “junk yard” which links to every thing she endeavors. Although she probably has many nominations, I just had to save a spot for her. When I first started this SimBlog business, I found her success and experience intimidating, but there’s nothing but kindness and patience to be found. Click around and enjoy! There’s lots of great stuff to be found!
Questions Asked by Nominator:
1. Would you rather have a face clone heir or a Face One heir?
Ugh – neither. But I do have to say clone. At least there’s some family there, and they won’t look just like the maid, mailman, repairman, etc.
2. If you could change one aspect of TS3, what would it be?
A more stable, more functional game. I get so much joy out of it, and so much frustration!
3. What is your favourite expansion pack? Why? (cliched, but a classic)
This is a fantastic question, and I’m not sure. I’m torn between Island Paradise and Seasons, but ultimately, I’m going to pick Seasons. I LOVE the weather, the festival, the moodlets and all the fun activities!
4. Who is your favourite spare in your challenge/legacy?
I’m torn between July, Tahiya & Ike’s daughter, who was overlooked for the Zalien, and Imogene who drown in the pool during a birthday party. I’m also fond of all of the G Spares, Giselle especially. And I loved Irene… hmm… too many to choose I’d say!
5. Who was the very first sim you created in CAS? Were they based on anyone?
No idea! I probably just clicked around… it’s been awhile, ha ha ha. I know they were not based on anyone. I have only attempted to make “real” people a couple of times.
6. If you could create a new TS3 EP, what would it be?
Oh wow, I love this question… SO much has already been accomplished! More than I could have even imagined really. I’d rather have the game itself be more stable than add more too it, I think. I wouldn’t mind some more world travel options…
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life (assuming it could sustain you), what would it be?
Grilled Cheese! Ha! No joke either, I love grilled cheese! Or maybe Pizza.
8. What was your favourite childhood movie?
Um… I was obsessed with The Never Ending Story.
9. Did you play video games as a child, or only started when an adult?
Heck yes I did! Opening up that NES system on Christmas day a zillion years ago was the dawn of a gaming era for me. I’ve always played games.
10. What animal would you most want as a pet? (fantasy/extinct animals allowed!)
Oh man – tricky! I recently watched the two How to Train Your Dragon movies, and I’ll take one Toothless please!
11. Do you believe in true love? Is there only one out there for everybody?
I’m going to say no. I believe in love, and I love my husband, and plan on being with him until the end of my (or his) days – but I do not think there is ONE person for everyone. I think there are many people out there who can become the love of your current life. I believe that love is hard work, and you’re only going to get out what you put in… so “true love” and “just one” well – I have to say no, that’s just too romantic.
Questions For my Nominees:
1. Did you every play TS1? How about any of it’s expansions?
2. Do you like to have the last word?
3. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
4. What is something you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
5. What’s the last book you read?
6. S’mores – necessary camping treat, or gross?
7. Do you have TS4? TS3? TS2? Name something you like about each one you have.
8. Can you speak Simlish?
9. How many Sims have you intentionally killed, and why?
10. I was asked this question, and I liked it – Who’s your favorite legacy spare? How about Heir?
11. Do other people in your lives know you play and blog? Do they care?